College students interested in being on the front lines at the ITF are invited to apply to our Student Worker program!
Student workers assist ITF staff, presenters, artists, and attendees throughout the Festival week, and help to ensure that our event is a success! In addition, student workers selected for the Festival receive free registration and housing, as well as an allowance for food during the Festival week.
Click here for the Student Worker Application.
For priority consideration, submit your application by March 15
*Please ask your primary trombone teacher to write a short letter of recommendation, focusing on your suitability for this position. Submit have your letter of recommendation directly to the ITF Manager, Dr. Justin Cook, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The International Trombone Festival invites student trombonists (18+ as of July 14, 2021; Must have completed one year of college) to apply to be a volunteer for the 2021 International Trombone Festival at Columbus State University in Columbus, GA. Responsibilities include moving equipment, ticket-taking, directing attendees, room monitoring, and other Festival-related support tasks.
Note the following policies:
• Assigned work period: July 12-17, 2021
• All volunteers must attend a mandatory training meeting at 5:00 PM on July 12, 2021 at Columbus State University.
• Volunteers are not reimbursed for travel expenses, and must make arrangements to get to Columbus, Georgia
for the duration of the assigned work period. No partial-week work assignments are available.
• Volunteers receive free ITF tuition
• Volunteers receive free housing for the duration of the assigned work period
• Volunteers will be assigned 6-10 hours of work per day, and may not be able to attend all festival
• Students will receive a $100 stipend to be used towards the purchase of food for the week. Any food, beverage, or other expenses beyond the $100 stipend are the responsibility of the volunteer and not the International Trombone Festival.
Given the limitations and constantly developing issues surrounding the worldwide COVID pandemic, the ITF staff reserves the right to alter the student worker program, in order to comply with health guidelines.